Steering Gear Box Sector Shaft Repair Kit 7/8″ For 41-66 MB, GPW, CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, 5
Complete with new 7/8″ diameter sector shaft, bushings, gasket, and oil seal. Eliminates slop in your Ross steering gear. The best place to start when your steering is loose.
Q: Do you need special tools to rebuild the steering gear box on a 1960 Willys Jeep? In particular in the installation of the replacement sector shaft bushings?
- A: No, a simple vise will do the trick. No special tools required.
Q: I need to replace the sector shaft from my Ross steering box. I have it completely disassembled and would appreciate if you could clarify the part number for me. On the sector shaft the number T124989 is stamped, is this the same as your 805123? How do I determine amount of shim required during installation?
- A: As long as its one of the vehicles specified it is the right kit. The shim should be set so that the worm gear has some drag but does not grind on the ball bearings. Please call me toll free. I’m more than happy to help.
Q: Do you have an exploded view of how the steering box is put together? The manual is not very good.
- A: Please call me toll free. We are more than happy to help out.
Q: I need the gasket only, for a Ross, ’48 CJ2A. Do you sell it separately?
- A: Please call us toll free. We should be able to help out.
Q: I own a 1949 CJ-3A jeep. My steering has a lot of play in it. Can you tell me what I need to correct this?
- A: This is a great place to start. Also try part numbers: 646084, 923418, 920556
Q: 1947 willys CJ-2A clutch slipping when I mash the gas how do I adjust it?
- A: Check your free pedal travel. It should be approx. 1.5″ There is a yoke on your clutch cable that is adjustable but it may be something more serious.
Q: Is the Ross steering box the factory steering box for a 1946 CJ-2A, I have serial number 26624 and all of the steering parts are factory original.
- A: Yes that is correct.
*EMAIL or call Mike (1-888-648-4923) if you have any problems building your Willys.