Dry Element Air Filter For 41-53 Jeep & Willys with Carter WO & WA1
Brand New Dry Element Air Filter. Fits right on top of your Carter WO and WA1 used on Willys! Does away with the oil bulky and messy oil bath air cleaner assembly. Your hood will still close with no clearance issues.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Dry Element Air Filter – Part#: 647789
Q: I have a 47 Jeep truck, the oil bath filter was cut a part by previous owner. I have everything from the carb to the gutted filter. I thought of installing a paper filter in the canister, giving it the original look. Concerned about air flow. Any thoughts on this matter. I was thinking of an elbow in the canister with a filter attached.
- A: If you have either of the carburetors listed above this dry element filter will be correct for you.
Q: What do you do with the crankcase vent tube that previously went to the crossover tube? We’ll need a little filter for that, too!
- A: You could just leave it open I imagine or put a small paper filter over it.
Q: Will this work on a 1957 CJ-5 with a F-134 engine?
- A: These are only for the vehicles listed above. The mounting is different on the YF carburetors.
Q: Do you have one of these that will fit a solex on an F head…CJ-3B?
- A: Sorry that item is not currently available.
Q: What is the height of the unit and will it fit the approximate 2 3/8 diameter of a YF air inlet?
- A: These will not fit the Carter YF.
Q: Is the element replaceable?
- A: You will need to replace the unit as a whole.
Q: Will this work with a Solex carb?
- A: Yes, as long as it is the 923806
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.