Flywheel Ring Gear 124 Tooth for 49-53 CJ-3A, M38
Brand new 124 tooth ring gear for early flywheels. Simply heat up your old damaged ring gear for removal.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Q: I want to replace the flywheel of my CJ-3A and I took out the starter and without disassembly the flywheel I count the teeth of the flywheel. My count was 129 teeth is it possible to have a 129 teeth on a CJ-3A?
- A: No they always used 124 teeth. Sounds like you have an unoriginal motor or flywheel. Please call me toll free. I’m more than happy to help out.
Q: Will this 129 tooth flywheel work on CJ-3A L134 engine? I have a 6 volt starter….! I think this one I got came off a f-head engine….! I’m restoring a 1950 CJ-3A with L-134 engine…!
- A: This is a 124 tooth flywheel which is original for the CJ-3A.
Q: Can you replace the flywheel ring gear without removing the fly wheel?
- A: Yes, all you have to do is heat up the old one to take it off and heat up the new one to put it on.
Q: What is the outside and inside diameter on this 124 tooth flywheel ring gear?
- A: Approx 12-3/8″ od x 11″ id just like original
Q: Can you use any starter with a 124 tooth fly wheel? I have a GPW motor and a 124 tooth fly wheel in my CJ-3A, do I need a 97 tooth fly wheel to go with the starter?
- A: No, you have to match the proper starter motor up to the flywheel and bellhousing. Please call us toll us toll free. We can ID what you need and fix you up.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.