Complete Suspension Overhaul Kit for 46-64 Willys Truck
This comprehensive kit covers everything for both the front and rear of vehicle. Kit includes:
New Front Leaf Spring Assemblies (10 leaf)
New Rear Leaf Spring Assemblies (11 leaf)
New Front & Rear Shock Absorbers (4)
New Front Shackle Kits (2)
New Rear Shackle Kits (2)
New Front and Rear Pivot Eye Bushings (4)
New Front and Rear Greasable Pivot Eye Bolts (4)
New Rear Shackle Bolts (2)
New Front and Rear Leaf Spring U-Bolt Clips (8)
New Front and Rear Leaf Spring U-Bolt Long Nuts (16)
Everything you need to make your vehicle ride like its new front the factory!!
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Complete Suspension Overhaul Kit – Part#: SUSPENSION-8
Q: I need the rear shackles. Can you provide good used ones for a 1955 6-226 Truck?
- A: 646729 is the part number for the rear truck shackles.
Q: I have a 54 pickup with a Timken rear and a Dana 25 front, should I replace the Timken with a Dana 53 (same ratio) as it appears the service parts are not available for the Timken. Will it be a complete rear end or will brake components interchange. The truck has 42,000 orig miles, opinion?
- A: We have alot of the Timken rear end parts available. You could swap though if you really wanted to.
Q: The overhaul kit mentions kit covers everything for both the front and rear of vehicle, but does not say it includes the shock mounts for the front and rear. Are these included, but just not mentioned, or do I still have to but them separately?
- A: The complete kit has everything in the photo shown and listed. The mount plates are separate. We do carry them but they are not a major wear item.
Q: Could you use less leaf springs for a softer ride?
- A: I’m sure you could but I wouldn’t recommend it.
Q: I have a 1962 Panel Wagon with a straight axle in the front – will this kit fit this truck?
- A: SUSPENSION-10 is for the Willys Station Wagons.
Q: I would also like to use wagon springs to get a bettter ride on my 62 pickup but you say they are not compatable. The springs are the same length what would be different?
- A: They are different dimensions altogether. The Willys Station Wagon springs really will not work on a Willys Truck in the rear. The fronts are the same however.
Q: Is this kit a soft ride kit like the 2 lift I do not want to lift it but need the hole kit. TRUCK is a 57 P/U.
- A: You will typically get 1 to 1.5 lift off what you are currently sitting at because your springs have lost there arch. This sets you back up to stock height and ride.
Q: Why is the price so much different between the suspension kit for a truck verses the wagon?
- A: They are different parts on some of the components and very different kits in the rear.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.