Transmission Countershaft Cluster Gear For 46-71 Jeep & Willys with T-90 Transmission
Q: I have a 1946 CJ-2A and it jumps out of gear in first and second. First gear only does it pulling and second gear does it while coasting. Is the cluster gear my problem?
- A: It is probably your synchronizer assembly. Try part number#: 640391
Q: Is this cluster gear for a T90A or a T90C or is it available in both?
- A: This is proper for both.
Q: Are all T90 countershaft clusters the same?
- A: Yes, in most of the Willys that used the T90. It is proper for all the vehicles that we have listed above.
Q: Will the 35 tooth work in a 33 tooth tranny and just raise the gear ratio a little?
- A: It should but I doubt you’ll get much difference going down the road.
Q: Transmission in 51 CJ-3A had been working fine, then without warning I can’t shift from 1st to 2nd gear. I can still shift into 1st and reverse. Any ideas what the problem may be?
- A: It is probably worn gears or shift fork. I would take off your top shifter and inspect the teeth.
Q: Getting ready to rebuild a spare T90, my understanding is there are 35 and 33 tooth count for the cluster gear? But either will work, is that correct?
- A: Yes that is correct
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.