New Surge Tank Kit for 41-45 MB, GPW
New surge tank kit comes with everything seen here. Keep your military Willys Jeep vehicles military!
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Surge Tank Kit – Part#: SURGE
Q: Simple question. What is a surge tank and how is it used?
- A: It is a overflow tank.
Q: Can a surge tank also be used on a CJ-2A? It’s not quite the desert here in Louisiana, but sometimes it’s pretty close!
- A: Yes I’m sure they could be.
Q: I have a 1944 MB military and the engine has been changed to a 4 cyl Jeep overhead engine. I suspect the year is a 48 or 49. The radiator in it now bolts to the frame and is the original MB style. What radiator part number do I need to order correctly from Kaiser Willys?
- A: I would order the MB radiator part number: 640146 If it still goes in like original.
Q: Is this the type of Surge/Overflow tank that mounts on the front grill (outside the engine compartment)? Also, what is the materials that the tank and cover are made out of….metal or plastic? Thanks.
- A: Yes that is correct. It is a metal construction like original.
Q: I have a 1954 CJ-3B and on my radiator I have a tube that runs down the side of the radiator. Would this work on it?
- A: I’m sure this surge kit could be made to fit your vehicle with little problem.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.