Steering Bellcrank Repair Kit (7/8″ Shaft) For 48-66 CJ-2A, CJ-3A, CJ-3B, CJ-5, M38, M38A1
Complete steering bellcrank repair kit for your Willys Jeep restoration project. Includes new pin, bearings, washer, and nut. Replacement for 7/8″ diameter x 4-1/2″ long shaft. Ball on bellcrank points up. Eliminates slop and shaft wobble when turning wheel.
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Steering Bellcrank Repair Kit (1 required per vehicle) – Part#: 920556
Q: Hi I need to repair my bell crank on a 1962 Willys. Will the bearings seals and inner bearing sleve from this kit work with my 7/8 bolt ? I don’t see you listing a kit for my truck. My bearings are o.d. 1.375 I.D 1.125 and .50 wide.
- A: This kit is really only for the CJ vehicles. We may can get you good used for the Willys Truck.
Q: I have a ’66 CJ with the V-6. will this kit work for me?
- A: As long as you have the 7/8″ shaft on your vehicle yes.
Q: Bought a frame for my Jeep, from one of the folks you recomended. The new one has a 7/8 bell crank size. The original had a 3/4. Will the existing parts connect to the new shaft, or is it 7/’8 at the nut end also. If not, what will I need?
- A: Ok that means you have the early style. Please call us toll free. We can help.
Q: Dose the rubber dust seal come with part N. 920556? or have to order sepert for 7/8 bolt ?
- A: Yes it does come complete in the kit.
Q: I have a 197 CJ-5 Jeep with a stock 134 engine. Without taking apart and measuring the bellcrank bolt ,will this kit fit my Jeep or do I nee the 1 1/8 kit?
- A: You always want to measure if your in the 1970’s. Typically after 1968 your are the later 1-1/8″ and 1967 and prior you are the 7/8″.
Q: I just recieved my bell crank repair kit, is there a trick to gettting the old bearings out?
- A: I wouldn’t bang on it. We typically use a socket and vise to press it out.
Q: We are rebuilding a CJ-2A from the ground up. The bolt that holds the bellcrank pin in place has been welded to the forged bracket by someone doing a previous shade tree repair. Basically the bracket is ruined as far as doing a correct repair and mounting a new pin. Do you offer the forged bracket that can be welded to the cross bar tube to replace this? I would accept good used if new isn’t available.
- A: That is available used only. Please call us toll free. We may be able to help.
Q: I have a 1960 CJ-3B. The last owner had jacked the Jeep up and jury rigged a pillar to accommodate the job. I found a bell crank bracket, but it has a 3/4″ shaft with a drift pin. Will this work on my vehicle, and which bell crank do I need if it is workable?
- A: The 3/4″ shaft was only used on early 1941-46 MB, GPW, CJ-2A. You want a 7/8″ shaft. Try part numbers: 647008 & 920556 will be
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.