Steering Bellcrank (Ball Bends Up) For 48-71 CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, 5, M38, M38A1
Replace when your old ball is egg shaped or the bellcrank repair kit won’t eliminate all the slop due to a out of round center hole. Ball on bellcrank bends up.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Replacement Steering Bellcrank (1 required per vehicle) – Part#: 647008
Q: Will this fit my 1967 CJ-5A?
- A: Yes it is the correct one.
Q: I have a 1953 CJ-3B, working on steering, purchased tie rods, bellcrank… My Jeep has an item attached to the Bellcrank that I do not see in steering parts listings… Not sure if it is a later add on?
- A: Please call us toll free. We are more than happy to help.
Q: Does the steering bellcrank come with a bellcrank repair kit?
- A: This is bellcrank only.
Q: Do you have one of these that will fit an early 46 CJ-2A (column shift model)?
- A: The early CJ-2A with ball bending down are available good used right now.
Q: Will this part fit a 1969 Jeepster Commando?
- A: Yes I believe it is correct.
Q: I need a bellcrank for a 1946 CJ-2A ser# 24949.
- A: That is the style that the ball bends down on the steering bellcrank. We can probably get good used.
Q: I have a 54 Willy M38A1. The Bellcrank is very loose which means I need to repair the gears in the gear box since the bellcrank is very loose. However, I am unable to remove the Steering Wheel, thus the steering box to repair. Can this be accomplished while still in the jeep, or does this require enough space? I hope I asked this correctly.
- A: You will really need to remove the steering wheel. Order part number: WP300 on our site. It will get you fixed up.
Q: Does it come with the brass bushing?
- A: The bushings are part of the bellcrank repair kits that we sell.
Q: Can an early CJ2a with the ball turned down be converted to this style?
- A: No, they are not interchangable.
Q: Does this bellcrank #647008 use the 7/8s repair kit #920556?
- A: Yes that is correct. They are matching parts.
Q: I believe I have a 48 CJ-2A. I have a 3/4 bellcrank shaft and when I install the bellcrank that bends up the shaft hits the frame and the one that bends down doesn’t work for my shaft. Do I have the wrong shaft if so is it possible to cut off the end and turn it so it fits the one that bends down?
- A: Please call us toll free, we can help you ID your vehicle and get you fixed up. If you are a 3/4 shaft then your bellcrank bends down and this is not the part for you. These are for 7/8″ diameter shafts.
Q: To replace my bell crank on my ’63 CJ3-B do I have to purchase the repair kit? Or is the kit only if I want to attempt to fix my old one?
- A: Yes I would get both the bellcrank and the repair kit to fully do the job while you have it apart.
Q: Do you have a bellcrank for 3/4 ” shaft? Ball on one in the Jeep is egg shaped?
- A: Those are available only good used.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.