Replacement Steel Tailgate (Stamped with “Willys” Logo) for 46-68 CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, 5
New Replacement Tailgate Assembly Stamped with “Willys” Logo. All Steel Construction. Comes Painted in Primer. Get rid of that dented and rusty tailgate. We have new replacement ones!
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Replacement Tailgate Assembly “Willys” Stamped – Part#: DMC663188
Q: Does the tailgate come with all hinges and locks?
- A: This is for tailgate only. The hinges are part number: 663669 and the chains are part number: 651589
Q: What are the outside dimensions?
- A: They are exactly like the original.
Q: I have a 51 pu without the original bed I would like to know the outside dimensions so I can incorporate this into my bed.
- A: This is for CJ’s only. The part number for the Willys Truck tailgate is: 666039
Q: Would this tailgate have been stock on a ’68 CJ5? My ’68 CJ came with a tailgate stamped Jeep where Willys is written on this one.
- A: We also have the ‘Jeep’ stamped tailgate too. It’s part number: DMC685459
Q: Looking at the stamped Willys tailgate. Is this a replica of the factory original?
- A: There really is no such thing as NOS on these. These are brand new just like original.
Q: How much does it weigh?
- A: It’s ship weight is approx 13 pounds.
Q: What year did the tailgate switch from Willys to Jeep?
- A: Starting in the later 60′s they made the switch.
Q: I just bought a 1955 Jeep Willys, vin # 57548120453. Body type cp. What does the cp stand for?
- A: It doesn’t mean much of anything. You have a CJ-5.
Q: Does the tailgate ship free?
- A: Yes the tailgates do ship free for the CJ’s.
Q: I own a 73 CJ-5, I would like a Willys tailgate (stamped). What do I order to replace the Jeep one?
- A: This one should work for you. Please call us toll free as well. We can help.
Q: Will it work on a 45?
- A: If its a 1945 CJ-2A then yes. They did make a few.
Q: I am working on a 47 willys pickup. We bought the whole new bed kit and have installed it but noticed the tailgate does not have willys stamped or the WO stamped in it. Can we get this tailgate and just install it on our truck in place of the one that came with the kit? Will they match up and swap out?
- A: Nobody makes the Willys Truck tailgates with the WO. It just has to be painted on.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.