Speedometer Drive Gear For 41-71 Jeep & Willys with Dana 18 Transfercase
Proper gear to drive your speedometer cable to give proper MPH reading in your Willys Jeep restoration.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Speedometer Drive Gear (1 required per vehicle) – Part#: A1511
Q: Do you have the speedometer drive gear? The one that mates to the above gear, that actually turns the speedometer cable?
- A: We have a few options. Please call us toll free.
Q: When I disconnect/connect speedometer cable, speedometer gauge works for a few seconds. Is it the cable or something else?
- A: Sounds like it could be the cable or drive gear.
Q: Can this be installed without removing the transfer case?
- A: Yes. Just unbolt the rear bearing cap where your driveshaft hooks up.
Q: Does this gear go all the way to the seal or does it stop in the middle of the shaft? I think mine is reamed out. The part that this turns dosen’t touch it.
- A: They are positioned approx 2/3rd the way up the shaft.
Q: Is the gear suppose to turn freely on the output shaft or should it press on the shaft?
- A: It presses onto the shaft.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.