Speedometer Cable Assembly 60″ For Willys MB, GPW, CJ-2A, CJ-3A, CJ-3B, and CJ-5
This Willys Jeep Speedometer Cable Assembly comes complete with inner and outer cable as well as proper end fittings. Screws in from back of speedometer to transfercase mounted speedometer drive gear. Guaranteed to fit and give a proper reading for all 3-speed four wheel drive vehicles. Measures 60″ end to end.
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New 60″ Speedometer Cable Assembly – Part#: 643797
Q: Will this fit in the Station Wagon SPEEDOMETER and work properly?
- A: Yes this is the right one for the Willys Station Wagon too.
Q: Will this one fit in a 1952 M38 Jeep?
- A: I would use part number: MSPEEDOCABLE
Q: I have the cable but the end that goes into the gear is too small. Am I missing a piece?
- A: Sounds like your missing the piece on the transfercase. Please call us toll free. We can probably get you fixed up.
Q: I have a DJ-5 with lefthand steer 4 cyl small 3 speed. I have the cable and the part that slides in trans but need the gear or what goes on the end of speedometer cable.
- A: We may be able to get this for you good used. Please call us toll free.
Q: I’ve got an older Stewart Warner speedo and I want to be sure it fits that and my Dana 18?
- A: This will for sure fit on your Dana 18. It is to OEM spec. Please call us toll free. We are more than happy to take measurements for you.
Q: Do you have a longer one, maybe 70″? I have replaced the T90 with a T89 so the overall length to the transfer case is longer. If it is too short can I return it?
- A: This is as long as they go. No problem to return an item.
Q: I have a 1946 CJ-2A. I am having trouble finding the spot on the transmission where the speedometer cable goes into the speedometer gear housing. I think it is supposed to be on top just opposite the emergency brake housing on the passenger side?
- A: It goes over on the passenger side of the transfercase assembly.
Q: Does the new cable need to be lubricated or does it come ready to go?
- A: They are ready to go but grease never hurts.
Q: I have a 1970 CJ-5 that someone swapped a SBC and a T-14 3 speed and D20 transfer case from a later Jeep. It was originally a V6 Jeep with a T-14 and D18 transfer case I think. Will this speedometer cable fit my speedometer and D20 transfer case?
- A: I think with the D20 they are different.
Q: Will this speedometer cable work on new gauges.
- A: Yes it is the proper cable for you.
Q: I have a 1969 Jeep CJ-5 with V6 engine and 3 speed transmission with single stick Dana transfer case. Is this the correct cable for it? I know it says it is in the description but just want to make sure.
- A: Yes this one will be the correct one for you.
Q: I’m looking for the speedometer gear that goes on the transfer, where can I find it?.
- A: Please call us toll free. We should have good used on that.
Q: Will this fit the M38A1?
- A: They will work ok. The proper part number is: MSPEEDOCABLE for M38 & M38A1
Q: I have a 1964 CJ-5 with the factory T-98 4 speed. My cable is longer than the standard 3 speed one. Will this one work on it?
- A: This is the factory length cable. I think it will work just fine. They hook up to the transfer case.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.