Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket For 46-71 CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, 5
New Steel Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket for your Willys Jeep Restoration Project. Made for CJ-2A, CJ-3A, CJ-3B, and CJ-5 Jeeps. Mounts on Passenger Side Rear Quarter Panel. Comes Complete with Lug Nuts.
Q: Are the mounting holes the same as the OEM brackets?
- A: Yes that is correct.
Q: Looking for mounting bracket for 1949 truck.
- A: Please call us toll free. We may be able to help out.
Q: What is the best way to drill mounting holes from outside quarter panel?
- A: Measure twice – drill once. Mock up the bracket so that it lines up with the brace in the inside wheel well.
Q: I have a 48 CJ2A “Lefty” will this work for the spare tire? thank you!!
- A: It should work just fine.
Q: Spare tire mount# 982009 this looks like it good match the factor holes in my tailgate.Do you know if it would fit? I have a 1970 CJ5
- A: They only ever mounted these to the passenger side of the jeep on the rear quarter panel. Im sure it could be done with modification.
Q: My ’47 CJ2a right qtr panel has been patched many times and I can’t find evidence of original mounting holes. How do I mount the carrier to be in the “original” position? Do 2 bolts go thru the inner fender brace, or just one? Is it mounted straight or at an angle? Lightening hole up or forward? I find pictures with many variations…. but most look like about 10:00 o’clock on the wheel well radius. Thanks and regards, Jeff
- A: It is mounted at an angle and one upper and one lower bolt go thru the brace.
Q: I’m trying to find the correct Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket for my 1955 Willy’s pickup, can you help me?
- A: We can get those good used for you. Please call us toll free.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.