Ring and Pinion Gear Set for 41-66 Jeep & Willys with Dana 23/25 with 4.88 Ratio
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Ring & Pinion Gear Set – Part#: 801925
Q: I’m inquiring about item #801925 the ring and pinon gear set. Can you tell me if the ring and pinon have matching numbers? Also do you have a lot of these in stock?
- A: Yes they are lapped together and we do have them in stock.
Q: Do you have ring and pinions for a 51 Wagon 2wd that would run highway speeds? If not could you give some direction as to where I could get some?
- A: Please call me toll free. I’m more than happy to help out and give you options.
Q: Will the 4.88 ring and pinion gear set work in a dana 25 that currently has 5.38 gearing?
- A: Yes but you have to make sure your front and rear match ratios or you wont get very far down the road.
Q: I have a Willys Pickup truck 1954 Model. 475 with 4.88 axels set I want to change axles ratio for lower ratios like 373 to increase the speed. I want know if is possible with the same axle case.
- A: If you are wanting to go faster down the road part number: SATURN is the way to go.
Q: My friends are buying Willys Jeeps, and we are curious as to the axle ratio. Where do I look on the axle housing and what numbers am I looking for to tell the ratio?
- A: It is usually stamped on the pumpkin housing. Or you can count the number of teeth on your ring and the number of teeth on the pinion. You can also get the numbers stamped on the r&p itself and we can trace it and tell you.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.