Rear Crossmember to Frame Reinforcement “V” Bracket for 41-64 MB, GPW, CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, M38
Rear Crossmember to Frame Reinforcement “V” Bracket for your Willys Jeep restoration project. Attaches to rear rear and intermediate crossmember to support tow hitch.
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Replacement Steel Rear Crossmember to Frame Reinforcement “V” Bracket. (1 required per vehicle) – Part#: A1154
Q: Does this part also work on the M38A1?
- A: It will with some additional shimming/modification.
Q: Is this original for my 1960 CJ-5 because I have this and a draw bar that I believe that was an option?
- A: Yes that is correct. However CJ-5′s were a little different. Please call us toll free. We can probably help.
Q: I am only seeing two holes in this “V” bracket whereas the one I took off had four holes. Is this an accurate picture? Is it the same thickness as o.e.? Thank you for any answer in advance.
- A: Yes I believe it does have the four holes. They are OE thickness.
Q: I am restoring a 1951 CJ-3A that had 60 years of rancher welding on the rear end. We had to cut all of that off and I have replaced the cross member with a new part from you. Do I need this V bracket if I don’t need a hitch. It appears that the body.. a new one… should bolt on to this V bracket but I’m unsure of that.
- A: You wouldn’t have to have it. I just wouldn’t tow without it.
Q: Will this work on a 59 CJ-5 with some simple modifications?
- A: I’m sure it would.
Q: Does this come with the plate that rivets into the rear crossmember?
- A: 8127710-P is the plate part number. It is sold separately.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.