Rear Axle Outer Oil Seal w/Gasket For 46-71 Jeep & Willys with Dana 41/44/53
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Rear Axle Outer Oil Seal w/Gasket – Part#: 914802
Q: Do you have axle seals for Timken axles?
- A: Yes. Please call us toll free. We are more than happy to help. These are the same for the Timken.
Q: This gasket and seal has seven holes in it, but when tearing the old one apart there are only 6 bolts, the exception is the middle hole where the 3 holes are closest to one another. What is the reason for the seventh hole? It is the same on the axle, but the grease protector only has six holes in it.
- A: That is a drain hole.
Q: I have a rear “full floating axle” early 2A. Will I need this?
- A: Yes this is the correct one for your Dana 41 rear end.
Q: What is the proper placement for the outer oil seal on my dana 41 rear axle?
- A: It should go flush with the housing.
Q: Will this work on my 1960 FC-170?
- A: Yes that is correct.
Q: Will this work on a dana 23 rear end?
- A: They are different for the Dana 23 rear.
Q: I have purchased these axle seals, but need to find “brake grease protectors”. Do you have these… they are for my rear Dana 53 axle out of a 56 Willys Truck?
- A: Those are available good used only.
Q: I have a gasket, seal, gasket then an oil splash shield sort of thing. Does this come with two gaskets?
- A: It comes with one typically. We can probably add one for you. Please call us toll free.
Q: Is there a sealed bearing replacement for the old style grease-able rear wheel bearing for my 55 CJ-5?
- A: No, this seal will keep the grease in.
Q: Is this enough for 1 side only?
- A: These are sold each.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.