New Complete Under Dash Hydronic Heater Kit For 41-71 Willys and Jeep
This is everything you need in one package to stay warm and its MADE IN THE USA!!! 2 year warranty!
Looking for additional warmth this winter in your old Willys Jeep? This heater is small enough to be mounted just about anywhere and produces an amazing amount of heat for a cold Jeep. Its also great for early model or custom Jeeps that may have no heaters at all. Originally designed for the marine industry, its easily adapted to your Jeep. The heat is channeled to where you need it with the supplied 2.5 vent hose. One ducted unit can be used to heat the driver and passenger and the other used as a defroster. The heater unit is finished with a durable powder-coated exterior and stainless steel fasteners for durability. This heater includes: mounting brackets and hardware, 3-way switch, wiring harness, heater hose fittings, 12 feet of 2.5 vent hose, directional louvers and instructions. Installation requires cutting and custom routing of the heater hoses to the actual heater unit.
Specifications: 12V DC three-speed centrifugal blower, 3.9/5.0/7.7 amperage draw, 172/228/263 CFM, up to 28,00.
Q: We are restoring a ’56 truck and the brains of the outfit is asking us to find defroster hose in particular but while we’re at it any heater/defroster hoses will be of interest. Haven’t found ‘em here yet but will keep looking Pointers, locations or sources, please?
- A: Please call us toll free. We have a lot of options on duct work.
Q: Will this heating unit fit in a 1961 Willy’s FC-150?
- A: Yes it should work just fine.
Q: Can you tell me if the front pulley on an L6-226 is a vibration damper or a harmonic balancer? Or is this covered in the shop manuel? Thank you.
- A: It is a bit of both. Its covered in the shop manuals we sell as well.
Q: The heater information states one ducted unit can heat driver and passenger and the other can be used as a defroster. Does it come with both? Or do you have to purchase a second unit?
- A: You can route it either way.
Q: Does this heater work off of the coolant system or does it work off of just electric?
- A: It is hydronic so coolant.
Q: Is this heater electric or does it require water hose from the engine?
- A: It is hydronic.
Q: Can you send out the installation details for this heater?
- A: Sure. Please call us toll free. We are more than happy to help out.
Q: Would two heaters be too much heat?
- A: One should be plenty
Q: Hi Mike any new news on a 6 volt heater ?
- A: The 6 volt ones are in still in development.
Q: Do you ship to australia post code 5373 do you accept credit card over the phone???
- A: We do ship daily USPS and UPS international. You can always call us and we can help you over the phone too. Thanks!
Q: I have a 1966 CJ-5. Is the firewall available in the catalog good for the CJ-5?
- A: We can probably get good used on the firewall.
Q: Are the controls attached to the unit, or is the control wired to mount in dash?
- A: Typically people attach them to the dash.
Q: I am looking for the fan motor on the heater under the driver side dash for my 47 CJ-2A. The heater core is still good but the fan is broken and I have converted my jeep to 12 volts any ideas? thanks!
- A: You will have to match something locally up on that. This HEATER will do the trick for you too.
Q: I have a heater that was made by Hunter Mfg. The following appears on an attached metal tag. stock no. 2540 00 869 0424 model no. HW 20 2 serial No. 92200 Volts 28 Amps 6.5 What do I have, something of worth, or just a boat anchor? thanks Bob
- A: That is a aftermarket heater. If you like take a photo and email it to us. I can take a look at it too.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.