Minor Transmission Overhaul Kit For 46-71 Jeep & Willys with T-90 Transmission
Dont need everything? This minor overhaul kit may the way to go for your Willys Jeep restoration. Comes complete with all New bearings, seals, gaskets, snap rings, thrust washers, & roller bearings for your entire transmission. Note: Synchronizer shift plates and springs are not sold in kit. They are available separately.
Q: I have a 1964 CJ-5A Tuxedo Park model and the transmission is not a top loader (is a 3 on the tree)… can you guys help with a rebuild kit for this model? I’m mostly concerned about needing syncro’s.
- A: This kit should work just fine for you. The synchronizer is the same as in the T90. Part number#: 640391
Q: Does this kit T90BSG (Minor overhaul kit) come with synchronizes?
- A: No, it does not come with syncro parts. Try part numbers#: 640394, 640395 & 640397. If you want the complete syncro it is part number#: 640391
Q: Does this kit come with the brass blocking rings and the FWD and Aft felt shaft seals?
- A: This is less brass blocking rings but does come with seals.
Q: What are the part#’s for the synchronizer shift plates?
- A: Part number#: 640395
Q: I am getting a Jeep with a T90 3 speed in it, but the high and low gears do not work only the reverse does. Do I need a complete rebuild or is it something simple?
- A: Sounds like it is your synchronizer. I would start there. We have them part number#: 640391
Q: I have a 1960 Willys Jeep Truck w/a 6-226 flathead in it. I am looking to overhaul the transmission and transfer case and am wondering if any shims are required on either one and if so do they come in the minor overhaul kit. I believe all the gears and shafts are in good shape but both need new seals and the transmission is making what sounds like front bearing noise.
- A: The only place there really are shims is on the rear output of the transfercase. This is a great kit that will take care of most of your problems.
Q: My 49 CJ no longer has a reverse. It jumped a few times when I let the clutch out then the engine would just rev, no movement. The forward three gears work just fine. Any suggestions?
- A: Could be a number of things but it could either be your low & reverse gear or a shift fork issue.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.