Minor Overhaul Repair Kit (1-1/4″ shaft) for 53-66 Jeep & Willys with Dana 18 Transfercase
Complete kit includes:
New Front & Rear Bearing Set
New Gasket Set with Oil Seals
New Intermediate Shaft
New Small Parts Kit (snap rings, thrust washers, roller bearings)
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Minor Overhaul Repair Kit – Part#: D18BBSG
Q: Your nomenclature states 55-66 for 1 – 1/4″ intermediate shaft. Won’t this also fit on a Dana/Spicer 18 t-case from a 1967 Jeep with 1 – 1/4″ intermediate shaft?
- A: Yes it should work just fine.
Q: Does this kit include the clutch shaft bearing and if not, what is the part number for it (can’t find it in the catalog)?
- A: Yes this kit will have all the bearings in the transfercase.
Q: My 1957 CJ-3B always jumps out of low 4WD. Would a Minor Overhaul kit be likely to fix the problem or what do you recommend for additional parts? (I live in Australia so would prefer to add the recommended parts rather than try and then have to wait for additional parts and it’s cheaper to get them in one shipment!)
- A: Yes I would say it should. I would also replace your poppet balls and poppet springs too.
Q: Does this kit contain the felt seals for the output shaft behind the yokes and the paper gaskets for the rear cap?
- A: Yes that is correct, it will have all the oil seals and felts seals too.
Q: I recently ordered this kit, anyway can I get some instructions, or a diagram of the transfer case, and parts.
- A: We do have complete mechanics manuals. Our website will shortly have a full diagram section for the Dana 18. If you have any questions you can also call me toll free too.
Q: I have a D-18 that has a single shift, does this kit include the seals for that? Or would I be looking at a different part number.
- A: That would be a different part. Please call us toll free.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.