King Pin Bearing Shim Pack for 41-71 Jeep & Willys with Dana 25/27
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New King Pin Bearing Shim Pack (1 required) – Part#: A6882
Q: The manual states that there should be a .058″ shim in the lower knuckle pin bracket. Does this kit have one as mine had none when I disassembled it?
- A: Yes it will have the proper shims in it.
Q: Should the shoulder of the short axle fit snuggly in the bronze axle bushing or should there be play?
- A: You should have some backlash but it shouldn’t be loose.
Q: My manual doesn’t address how many or which thickness shim(s) should go under the top and bottom king pin block. How do I find out how many shims are needed and where?
- A: It sets your tension on the king pins when turning. You should have 12-16 lbs of pull pressure.
Q: What is the shim arrangement on the 1945 GPW? Same top & bottom – top only – bottom only?
- A: You typically can shim either – we usually do equal amounts till you receive the proper pivot tension when turning the wheel.
Q: Mike, I’m looking for caster shims for a 1949 CJ-3A. Do they go by some other name and do you carry them?
- A: The caster of the front wheels is preset and typically does not have to be adjusted.
Q: Are there enough shims for all four king pins or should I order 4 kits?
- A: Typically one kit will be enough.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.