Instrument Panel Oil Gauge (6 or 12 Volt) For 46-64 CJ-2A, CJ-3A, CJ-3B
Highest quality Willys Jeep reproduction oil gauge available. Works for either 6 or 12 volt systems and mounts just like original. Comes complete with black face and white needle as well as all mounting hardware.
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Instrument Panel Oil Gauge – Part#: 647058
Q: For a 6 volt to 12 volt conversion on a 1949 Jeepster, do I need to get new dash gauges, or just replace the bulbs?
- A: Just the fuel gauge needs to be changed over.
Q: Is the #647058 oil pressure gauge direct pressure or electric?
- A: It is a pressure.
Q: Will this fit 1952 M38 direct oil line?
- A: Maybe but you’ll have to bend it.
Q: Any reason this wouldn’t work for a replacement gauge in a 71 CJ-5, it looks like a match for the stock gauge?
- A: In 1971 the oil light was built into the speedometer cluster but for a separate gauge it would work fine.
Q: I have a 1954 CJ-3B with a hurricane engine and I can not find a oil filter anywhere on the engine. Is this supposed to have a filter? And if yes is it a canister type filter? And where would it be installed?
- A: They originally mounted in the front passenger side of the block. A lot of vehicles don’t have them. They are a canister style filter. We do carry the complete kits.
Q: Will this gauge work on my 1963 CJ-5 with a 12 volt system and do I need a different oil pressure switch than part # 938092?
- A: Yes but you will have to drill your grill. This is a pressure gauge and doesn’t require a separate switch.
Q: My Jeep is an CJ-2A 1946 4-134 L Head, is correct or enough the following compression readings:
Piston #1 = 92 PSI
Piston #2 = 90 PSI
piston #3 = 90 PSI
Piston #4 = 90 PSI
- A: Yes this is more than enough compression. Looks like you are good.
Q: What is a good oil pressure reading idling on a 1948 Willys CJ-2A with a L-134 motor?
- A: Minimum safe oil pressure at idle is 10psi. Normal gauge reading is 25psi.
Q: Have used 3 different oil pressure gauges since I have owned my Jeep in 4 years. All are showing 55-60psi at idle.
- A: Minimum Safe Oil Pressure: at idle: 6 psi, at 2000 rpm (35 mph): 20 psi
- Normal Oil Pressure: 35 psi @ 2000 rpm, Release Valve Opens: 40 psi
Q: I was wondering what it would take to hook this into my 1961 CJ-5′s oil system, and I was also wondering what could be causing my oil light not to work?
- A: They never used this style on a CJ-5. You should have a oil sender to a dummy light in your cluster. Please call us toll free. We can help you.
Q: I have a ’48 CJ-2A. My flexible hose going from the engine to the gauge is leaking. The gauge still works fine so I was looking to just replace the hose. Could you hook me up with the part # please?
- A: The two part numbers used to make the connection are: A1198, A-1198-ST
Q: Do you sale just the face ring for gauges.??
- A: This is a complete gauge only.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.