Hood Welt Kit with Rivets for 41-66 MB, GPW, CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, 5, M38, and M38A1
Complete hood welt kit with proper 3/4″ webbing and 15 rivets. Runs along top of grille to form seal between hood & grille. Welting measures 63″ in length.
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Hood Welt Kit (1required per vehicle) – Part#: 663520
Q: On a CJ-2A in addition to the strip across the top front edge of the grill that this welting attaches to, there are two small side sections on top that use this welting and rivets as well. The length of this welting would be enough to cover these areas as well, but that would bring the total rivets needed to 17. What would be the cost to include two additional rivets?
- A: Sure, we have the parts. Please call us toll free.
Q: I have a 1962 Willy Pick up Truck 6-226, I need all the weather stripping… front glass rubber, rear glass rubber, window rubbers. All the welt between the hood and the radiator.. and fenders… thanks for your help. I am rebuilding this truck from scratch and need more parts….
- A: We have it all! Please call me toll free. I’m more than happy to work it up for you.
Q: I need a strip across the top of the grill for my 1951 2WD Wagon. Is this (#663520) the right part or can you suggest an alternative? The previous owner had just stuck down some rubber strip with double sided tape, but this really does not look the part. I tried a Land rover webbing part, but it is too thick so the hood doesn’t catch down.
- A: You want part number: 669210
Q: Would this welt kit fit a 1970 CJ-5 225-V6?
- A: Yes this will be correct.
Q: I have a 1967 CJ-5. What hood welt kit do I need?
- A: This is the proper one. It goes thru 1971.
Q: 1951 M38: Is there enough material to cover the grill and the two side sections? If so, are there enough rivets in the kit to complete this task? What color is the welt?Do you have the correct tool to properly install the rivets?
- A: It goes across the top of the grill and has all the rivets. The welt is the original color as shown above. We typically just use a thin screw driver to bend the beads over.
Q: Do you have a hood welt for a 1970 Jeepster Commando?
- A: This will work for that vehicle as well.
Q: I have a 1970 CJ-5. Will this kit work?
- A: Yes this will be the proper one for you. They used it thru 1971.
Q: I have a Ford GPW, 1942, I need the rubber weather strip that goes along the side and top of the radiator. I have the side pieces, but the top one is missing. It is about a one inch wide strip of rubber attached to the frame to close the gap between the radiator and the grill frame. Does it attache with screws or rivets?
- A: 2A1732 is the part number you need. People usually go back with screws because it is easier.
Q: What material is this welting made of?
- A: It is a coated canvas material like original.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.