Heavy Duty Leaf Spring Shackle Kit for 52-71 CJ-5, M38A1
Direct replacement Super Heavy Duty shackle kit. Comes complete with (2) side plates, (2) rubber insulated bushings and (2) bolts. For both front and rear closed end style shackle leaf spring assemblies. Also used on 50-52 M38 in some applications.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Replacement Leaf Spring Shackle Kit (4 required per vehicle) – Part#: 916646HD
Q: Any hints on getting the old bushings out? Mine are pretty happy where they are… John.
- A: I would use a vise. Take a large socket the size of the leaf spring and a smaller socket the size of the bushing. Squeeze. The smaller socket will allow the bushing to drop down into the larger socket on the other side.
Q: Do the flat washers go on the inside (against the ends of the bushing) or on the outside of the side plates (under the bolt head and nut)?
- A: On the outside.
Q: How tight should the nuts be? Real tight or just snug and hole lined up for the cotter pin?
- A: Typically you torque the head of the bolt until it is flush then back it off 1/16th of a turn so its not over torqued in.
Q: Are these shackles greasable?
- A: Yes these are greasable.
Q: If I get front and rear CJ3-B leaf springs (part # A-612 and A-614) and unthreaded CJ-5 shackle brackets, will this shackle kit fit the above leaf spring eyes? I do not want the C-type shackles.
- A: If you have C-style shackles you have to stick with them. If you have the later closed end style shackles you have to stick with those.
Q: Do you have the part numbers for just the bolts/nuts – and also bushing #s. I need 2 of each.
- A: These only come complete.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.