Front Axle Spindle Bushing with Flange for 41-71 Jeep & Willys with Dana 25/27
New front axle bronze spindle bushing with flange for your Willys Jeep restoration project.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Front Axle Bronze Spindle Bushing with Flange – Part#: 649783
Q: I assume this bushing goes into the knuckle housing and supports the axle and u-joint shaft. On mine it has been peened around the edges of the flange, I assume to hold it in.
- A: This goes on the inside of the spindle itself.
Q: This bushing (649783) does not go into the knuckle housing, where does it go?
- A: It goes into the inside of your spindle itself just like original.
Q: Can it be used with the Bendix type of axle shaft?
- A: Yes it can.
Q: Any suggestions on removing the old worn out bushing?
- A: I would try to press it out or possible use a lath to cut away.
Q: The bushing used on my CJ-2A has no flange do you offer one without?
- A: Your original flange has just been worn off. This is how they were originally.
Q: On a CJ-3A does the front axle need one of these for each side?
- A: Yes, there is one per side.
Q: My bushing looks good, how do I know if they are worn? Is there an ID to check this?
- A: I would check it for out of roundness and scoring.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.