Clutch Friction Disc 8-1/2″ For 41-71 Jeep & Willys with 4-134 & 6-161 Engine
Replaces your greasy, worn out friction discs on your Willys Jeep restoration project. Ensure proper shifting.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Replacement Clutch Friction Disc 8-1/2″ – Part: 930731
Q: Do you ship international to Australia?
- A: Yes we ship daily international. Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org your full list of what you want and full address.
Q: Does it have 10 splines? Does it fit the original main drive gear?
- A: Yes that is correct. This is just like original.
Q: I have a 1941 Slat Grill and I’m not sure if the clutch went or just a spring etc. I was driving and went to shift down and all of a sudden there was a sort of clank and then no pressure on the pedal, just spring pressure. What’s your take?
- A: Your return spring may have dropped off or maybe a linkage issue more like. I would check those out too.
Q: Can you tell me the width of the friction disc, just the part that contacts the pressure plate and flywheel?
- A: This is a 8.5″ friction disc.
Q: What’s the diameter of the inner part of the disk 8-1/2″, just where the splines of the main shaft are inserted?
- A: The ID is approx .755 just like original
Q: How thick is this disc if you measure it as new with a set of calipers?
- A: It is .4″ just like original.
Q: I have my motor out, wondering if I should replace my friction plate – mine is .3 thick now. Is that good enough or am I needing a replacement?
- A: I would check it for grease, scoring, and overall wear. Typically if you have an opportunity to change it I would.
Q: My Jeep smells like it’s burning when a load is on it, I think it’s the friction disc, does that sound right? Thank you & I love what you guys are doing…keep up the great work!
- A: Yes that sounds correct. You may want to replace it but at the very least it needs to be adjusted.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.