Replacement Windshield Glass for 41-49 MB, GPW, CJ-2A
New replacement windshield glass that fits your 41-49 Willys MB, GPW, or CJ-2A restoration project. American Made for perfect fit! Sold individual (2 required per vehicle).
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Replacement Windshield Glass – Part#: 504001
Q: I’m replacing the windshield, was told it was a 53. You show double glass up to 49′. Will this work? Do you sell weatherstrip/gasket for window?
- A: Sounds like your working on a CJ-3A or 3B. The part number you need is: 978995
Q: I would like to find out about the pingin’ noise that arises when the steering is cranked fully in either direction. This is on a ’44 MB.
- A: Sounds like your steering sector shaft or the worm gear or both. Please call us toll free. We have the parts to fix you up.
Q: What is the thickness of the glass for the CJ-2A and is this tempered?
- A: 1/4″ just like original and it is automotive grade yes.
Q: I’m having trouble getting the glass out. How do you remove the glass?
- A: Usually the seal is bad from age. So I would just cut it out and we have new fresh seals for install.
Q: Is this glass clear or does it have any tint?
- A: It is clear like original
Q: I just bought a 1944 MB that has a 6 inch crack in the driver side glass. This is a replacement (Not origional) glass that’s broken and weather seal is fairly new and in good shape. Do I need both weatherseal A2479 and A2250? Also, since the glass is fairly new,what do you think the chances are that I’ll break the other passenger side panel while attempting to replace the cracked panel? Just wanting to know if I should go ahead and buy 2 glass panels.
- A: You can replace these individually. They are faily simple to get out. I would always put new seals in when doing the glass.
Q: I have a 1966 CJ-5 with a 2 pane glass roll out window. Which p/n do I need?
- A: That is the export version of the CJ-5. I would have that glass cut locally.
Q: My Father owns a 1945 Willys Jeep MB and we have just started the tear down process. We removed the windshield frame and removed both glass. The glass that was in there was dual pane. Looked as if two pieces of glass were adhered together. Is that correct for that year of Willy MB? Or is it just a single pane?
- A: It does originally use two piece glass. There was a metal divider between the two on a inner windshield frame that articulates out. This is the proper glass for the original MB inner windshield frame.
Q: I need two piece glass for my 1955 M38A1 but it had rounded corners. I see in your illustration you show square corners?? Is this the right 2 piece glass for my round corner M38A1?
- A: Please call us toll free. I will need you to send photos of your style frame you have on your A1.
Q: I have a 1946 CJ-2A, it has a one part windshield glass not a two part is this the right windshield for this year Willys.
- A: It is not a CJ-2A windshield frame then. CJ-2A’s were always split. You most likely have a CJ-3A winshield frame. The glass part number for that is: 504002
Q: We were wondering what gaskets are needed between the glass and the inside windshield, and between the inner and outer windshield.
- A: You will want to get part numbers: A2250, A2476 & A2479 to do the entire windshield frame on a CJ-2A.
Q: I have a 1947 willys jeep CJ-2A and it needs a windshield. I would by one but there is a problem, the person that had the Jeep before me took the center divider rod and now it only has one long windshield would you have a windshield for my Jeep and does it come with the rubber around it?
- A: We sell a replacement inner windshield frame part number: 663694
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.