No core charge!!!
Q: The carburetor on my jeep has a bad dead spot until it warms up. Do they need a heat riser?
- A: This is common of a lot of jeeps. You may want to try to advance your timing a little.
Q: Will your Solex carburetor #923808 (with modification) fit my husband’s M38A1 1954 waterproof army jeep?
- A: Yes, this will work fine. You just need to order part number: 809785 too.
Q: I have a 1963 CJ-3B Willy will your Solex carburetor replace the original carburetor?
- A: Yes, this is a direct replacement for yours. Plug and play.
Q: Is this an exact replacement or does it require modifications?
- A: This is a direct replacement for your original YF938.
Q: Is the Solex carburetor A better carburetor than the Carter? I heard it was better for idling.
- A: They are equally good and a direct replacement.
Q: I have a 1965 CJ-5 with 134 f head engine with a carter nf carb. in need of rebuild, I either want to rebuild or buy new. I have heard Solex replacement is a better carb. My question is Solex exactly the same as nf for fuel line hookup & linkage, I want to mount carb & hookup original linkage, fuel line & everything else. Also is a better carb.
- A: Yes, these are direct replacements for the original Carter Carburetors used on these vehicles. They are plug and play.
Q: I have CJ-5 1969 4 cylinder, i want replace the carter carburetor to support my jeep. Do you ship international?
- A: Yes, this is the correct carburetor. We do ship daily USPS and UPS international.
Q: What other part has to be ordered to fit an M38A1 and how much does it cost?
- A: I would order part number: 809785 and you should be all set.
Q: Is this a downdraft or sidedraft carburetor?
- A: These are a downdraft.
Q: I have a 1954 M38A1 with the “Hurricane 4 engine” Why would I need the extra piece part number 809785 ? Would using this carb change the intake that MUCH?? Thanks, bob crosby
- A: You need it for the 90 degree bend that the original YS carter for the M38A1’s used.
*EMAIL or call Mike (1-888-648-4923)
“if you need help to Build Your Willys.”
If you are looking for, Willys Jeep Parts, Willys replacement parts, Willys body parts and much more for your 1941-1971 Willys vehicle, you have come to the right place! Don’t forget to check out our sister site, LiveOffroad, an online site dedicated to offering the lowest prices on parts and accessories for 1976+Up CJ & Wrangler! Live Well. Offroad Better.