Brake Light Switch for 46-66 Jeep & Willys
Original style female terminal brake light switch for your Willys Jeep restoration project. Screws directly into front of master cylinder.
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
Replacement Brake Light Switch (for original female terminals) – Part#: 647801
Q: What type of connector is used on the terminals?
- A: It is a female terminal just like original.
Q: What gauge wire do you use to connect brake light switch?
- A: I believe it is 4 gauge.
Q: Do you have the rubber boot for this switch as well?
- A: They never used a rubber boot for it.
Q: What connects to the electrical end of this switch?
- A: Your original male terminals.
Q: Will this switch work with a 12-volt system?
- A: Yes it will work great!
Q: Where can I get a new connector for my brake light switch?
- A: This is just simple male terminals. Any local auto parts store will have them.
Q: Will this brake light switch work on a 1953 M38A1 with the original 24V system.
- A: Yes this will be the correct one.
Q: Do you sell the male wire terminals for this and what is the part #.
- A: That is a local NAPA item and common. We do sell complete wiring harnesses that are all pre terminated.
Q: Does the switch come with the little retainer clips to hold the male connector in to the female fitting?
- A: The retainer clips are a local NAPA item.
Q: Will the brake fluid leak out when I unscrew the switch to replace it?
- A: Yes that is correct. You will need to re-bleed the brakes.
Q: Do you put this in dry? Or do you need Teflon tape or pipe dope of some kind to get the 1/4 NPT threads to seal?
- A: You can do either. The main thing is to confirm you have a good seal and no leaks.
Q: I’ve replaced the master cylinder and the brake lights do not function. I’m guessing I installed this switch incorrectly (on the new cylinder without any fluid). What is the correct procedure?
- A: It is a pressure switch so it will need fluid and your brakes bled to work properly.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.