Replacement Ignition Coil 24 Volt for 50-66 M38, M38A1 Jeep
Direct replacement ignition coil for 24 volt systems. Proper replacement for military 24 volt systems in M38 and M38A1 Willys Jeeps. Ready for install!!!
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Replacement Ignition Coil in 24 Volt – Part#: 943742
Q: Are these import coils or American made? I have had problems with the imports.
- A: They are Newstar so I believe they are American.
Q: Is there a 12 volt coil that will fit in a 24 volt distributor? I switched my 24 volt system to 12v this is the last peice of the puzzle.
- A: I have a 12 volt coil available as well as a few options for you. Please call us toll free. I’m more than happy to help out.
Q: Does the coil have an internal resistor?
- A: Yes I believe so.
Q: I want to know If you have a coil like this in 12V, I want to switch 6V to 12V.
- A: Part#: 933160 is the 12 volt coil we carry.
Q: Is this the same coil for a M151 part# 19207-11660366? It looks the same from the picture.
- A: Yes I believe they are the same.
Q: Our M38A1 has a coil mounted on the fender that looks nothing like the 24 volt coil, is this originally supposed to be there or is it an add on, how do I tell rather it’s 6 or 12 volts? I have already ordered a 24 volt coil which may now be the wrong one, why would our Jeep not have a 24volt coil?
- A: These go inside the distributor just like original. Sounds like someone has changed you around to a 12 volt system unoriginal.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.