Starter Solenoid 12 Volt For 50-66 Jeep & Willys with Starter Mounted Solenoid
A must when rewiring your current system or converting from 6 volt on your Willys Jeep restoration project. For all starter mounted solenoids.
Call Mike@Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
New Starter Solenoid in 12 volt – Part#: 919294
Q: Does this have a bracket to mount on the starter, and does the wire from the ammeter run to the small silver post, and the cable from the battery to one large post and the cable to the starter post run from the other large post?
- A: Yes it has the bracket on it already. The wiring sounds correct.
Q: My CJ-2A 134F has been converted to 12 volt and I replaced the starter relay, now when I hit the starter button the starter engages but won’t disengage thus I have to jerk the battery cable off. I’ve tried different relays and the same thing happens. Can you help?
- A: Please call us toll free. We are more than happy to help out.
Q: What is needed to change the floor start button to a dash mounted key on my CJ-3B?
- A: That depends on your starter motor. Please call us toll free. We can ask you some questions and help out.
Q: My solenoid is attached to the wall, not the starter. Does this come with a bracket?
- A: This will work, you just flatten out the bracket. What you have on your vehicle is unoriginal.
Q: Will this mount to an Autolite starter? With the included bracket.
- A: Yes it shouldn’t be a problem.
Q: My 1947 CJ-2A 6v has a starter solenoid mounted on the passenger side firewall. Must not be original because you don’t offer a solenoid for that year / vehicle, true? I want to replace it, so which item # do I need to purchase?
- A: If you are 6 volt then you want part number: 120568. You can just flatten the brackets if you want to mount to the firewall.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.