How to Identify your Willys Jeep if you don’t have a VIN number, but want to know your approximate year and model:
1. Are your spark plugs on the top of the head or on the side at a 45 degree angle?
2. Do you have a single piece of split windshield?
3. Is your spare tire mounted on the rear passenger side quarter panel or on the back tailgate panel?
4. You have a 1949-1953 CJ-3A.
5. You have a 1950-1952 M38.
6. Does your windshield frame have “Willys” stamped on the front of it?
7. You have a 1941-1945 MB or GPW.
8. You have a 1946-1949 CJ-2A.
9. Do the front of your front fenders curve down 6-8 inches or do they stop flat with only a 1″ front lip?
10. You have a 1955-1971 CJ-5.
11. You have a 1953-1964 CJ-3B.