Owners: David and Nannette Thorne, Macdoel, California
This rare 1965 Kaiser-built CJ-5 was originally a U.S. Navy Fire Jeep that was used on docks and/or in shipyards. It was originally “fire engine” red. The divided tilt-out windshield is the most obvious difference between it and other CJ-5s. (The Army equivalent is the Model M38A1 built from 1951-68.)
The black dog’s name is KAI. The Jeep pink slip lists the manufacturer as KAISJ. Therefore the license plate is KAISJ for “Kai’s Jeep”. How many dogs have their own Jeep?
Kai and Nannette Jeepin’ near our home. Note the “Indian Paintbrush”