This is a 1947 Willys CJ-2A found on a farm along the Yadkin River near Winston Salem, NC. Many components used in the restoration were purchased from KAISER WILLYS. The tub had major damage, the engine would not turn over, the tires were flat and dry rotted, the canvas top was dry rotted, every conceivable opening had insect nests in them, too many mud duaber wasps nest to mention. The air cleaner had a mouse nest in it, and in the engine compartment was a blacksnake skin where this particular snake had decided to shed. This Willys had become a mini-ecosystem unto itself. A 16 month restoration process in a shop was followed by approximatle 1 year of further work, and now all components are operating 100%. As many original parts were used as possible, and when a part had to be replaced, it was usually replaced by an original period correct part. The color scheme is 82nd Airborne, 505th Parachute Infantry Division parade colors and recently a military canvas top was made for it. It’s used in local parades, air shows, Boy Scout events, and Triad Flights of Honor at the Greensboro NC / Piedmont Triad International Airport. Some interesting original equipment added are the black out lamp and the left front fender, the gerry can and holder on the tailgate, and a brass Pyrene hand pump fire extinguisher and mounting bracket on the inside of the tailgate. It was quite a project but worth every minute and dollar expended. Presently, the original Wagner Lockhead master cylinder and wheel cylinders are being restored and installed.