How to remove the body tub from your Willys Jeep – Part of an ongoing “Jeep” disassembly and restoration series sponsored by Kaiser Willys.
* Safety Warning: To prevent a potential fire risk or spill hazard, drain your fuel tank FIRST in preparation for the removal of your jeep’s body tub.
1. To begin, disconnect all wiring, parts or any other tub to frame connections that may interfere with the removal of the body tub.
* Tip: If bolts are difficult to remove, first spray them with penetrating oil and let sit for a while before re-attempting removal.
3. Finally, remove the bolts from the frame crossmember intermediate front bracket and check for any other attaching hardware between the tub and the frame. Now your tub is ready to be removed.
* Safety Tip: Your body tub is VERY HEAVY. Use the safest method available to clear it from your vehicle. We do not recommend removing your Jeep’s body tub without the help of other people.
If you are looking for, Willys Jeep Parts, Willys replacement parts, Willys body parts and much more for your 1941-1971 Willys vehicle, you have come to the right place! Don’t forget to check out our sister site, LiveOffroad, an online site dedicated to offering the lowest prices on parts and accessories for 1976+Up CJ & Wrangler! Live Well. Offroad Better.