New Hi-Torque 12 Volt Starter Motor For 41-49 GPW, MB, CJ-2A
For Autolite MZ-4113 with 97 tooth flywheel. Mini High Torque Starter To Replace Early Autolite Starter. This is a Denso Gear Reduction Conversion Starter made from the Powerful 1.2 KW Nippondenso Gear Reduction Starter Motors. Looking for a Trouble Free Starter to Crank That Willys Engine? Try This 12 Volt Starter Made in the USA. You Will Not Be Disappointed!
Note: Please confirm your starter motor number before ordering. Call if you need help. For use with key or push button switch.
Helpful Guides and Illustrations: Wiring and Installation Guide
Call Mike @Kaiserwillys.com for details at TOLL FREE 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST).
NEW! New Hi-Torque Starter Motor in 12 Volt – Part#: A1245-12V
Q: How does one know if they have the correct # of teeth on the flywheel for this starter?…..by checking # on original??
- A: You should have 97 teeth on your flyweel.
Q: Will this work with the floor mounted starter switch? Is there a 12v starter that will?
- A: Yes, can be used with a floor switch if you like.
Q: Will this starter work with my stock 6 volt system on my CJ-2A?
- A: This is for 12 volt only. We have options for you. Please call us toll free. We are more than happy to help out.
Q: Is the 1950 Jeepster positive or negative ground?
- A: All Willys are negative ground.
Q: I have 1955, M38A1 Jeep that was partially converted by a fire dept to a 12 volt ignition system, to include an alternator. The starter is sill on a 24 volt system. I would like to replace the original starter with a 12 volt as well, for ease of use. It takes three batteries to make this system work. One would be much better. Do you have such a starter?
- A: If you are running 12 volt we can help. Please call us toll free. We have one for you.
Q: Hi! I bought a starter to my Willys Jeep 1944 mod. The old 6 volt starter has 10 teeth and the new one has only 9 teeth, the diameter is also a littel smaller, the flywheel is orginal, will it work ?
- A: As long as you have a MZ4113 starter motor this is the correct one. The diameter accomodates the different tooth count.
Q: Does this starter just bolt up? Are there no special brackets?
- A: Yes it is made for it and just bolts up.
Q: Judging from the picture, this is equipped with a Bendix; the gear comes out when the starter spins up. Can you confirm? (I’m looking to replace starter in a ’46 with the floor plunger that pushes the gear out manually.)
- A: Yes the gear on the end turns your flywheel ring gear.
Q: We have a 1947 Willys CJ-2A; the only visible numbers on the existing starter is as follows: PS79 48 tm (Trade Mark)… I am looking at purchasing Item #A1245-12v; The coil is stamped 12V Bendix P&D and the starter Selenoid is stamped 12V… will the A1245 work?
- A: That is a MZ4113 starter and will be correct.
*EMAIL or call Mike Toll Free (1-888-648-4923) Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST if you have any questions about this part or restoring your Willys.